SLOA Meeting Minutes

community newsflash!


Month Minutes For SLOA Meeting


As a reminder, all residents are welcome to attend at any time...



June 9, 2008


Seminole Landing Owners Association – Board Meeting



  • Meeting is called to order at 7:25pm. Members present Linda Westenfelder, Dave Westenfelder, Roger Marchman, Bob Bremser, Jim Craft, Mike Weber and Lisa Salasek.


  • We have received a check from the Poarch Creek Indians and we have released the liens on the property.


  • As of 6/08 we have collected $47,850.94 in dues and special assessments.


  • Ditch update – we are speaking with a new engineer (Hutchinson, Moore & Rock) because we kept being put off by the previous engineer.  Met with two people on Friday, June 6th, looked over the three areas of repair and they have already placed a quote in the mail.  They also have companies that will bid on the project.


  • Annual meeting

3 new board members are needed

Need to put together a presentation on the gate estimates with Q & A

Need to get financial report from accountant


  • Received an invoice on insurance.  Need to get a quote to raise liability from $50,000 to either $100,000 or $150,000 and need to clarify if the coverage is per board member or as a collective.  Jim Craft will talk to the insurance company for more information.


  • Bills to be paid

$252 to Lisa Salasek for stamps

$82.24 to Carbon Copies for SLOA Quarterly & info sheet printing

$62.65 to ECBC Water Authority

$81.77 to Dave Westenfelder for cement/sealant (from mailbox area repairs) and certified mail items

Electric payment is auto deducted from the account


Lisa Salasek motions to pay the items.  Mike Weber seconds and the motion passes.



  • Lisa Salasek reads the minutes from the May 12, 2008 meeting.  Bob Bremser motions to accept the minutes.  Jim Craft seconds and the motion passes.


  • Jeanie Bettcher suggested adding a classified page the web site.  Tom Stevenson created a page that can be added with the following features:



Can be edited for content to avoid any inappropriate entries

Auto filters any “bad” words



At this time there is no ability to add any pictures (this is possible, with much more work and at a cost) and there is no Search option.  The recommendation is to enable the page - monitor usage and if more functions are required and the page is being utilized to readdress an expense at that time.  Bob Bremser motions to approve the new page.  Dave Westenfelder seconds and the motion passes.



  • Lisa Salasek motions to adjourn the meeting.  Linda Westenfelder seconds and the motion passes. 

The next meeting will be on Monday July 14, 2008, 7pm at Roger Marchman’s house.