SLOA Meeting Minutes

community newsflash!


Month Minutes For SLOA Meeting


As a reminder, all residents are welcome to attend at any time...




February 11, 2008


Seminole Landing Owners Association – Board Meeting



  • Jim Craft calls the meeting to order at 7:10pm – members present Jim Craft, Linda Westenfelder, Dave Westenfelder, Bob Bremser, Roger Marchman and Lisa Salasek


  • Jim Craft motions to elect Linda Westenfelder as new president.  Lisa Salasek seconds and the motion carries.


  • Linda Westenfelder motions to add herself, Roger Marchman and Lisa Salasek to the signature card for check writing, also to remove Marian Grubb and Howard Harper since they are no longer on the board.  Jim Craft seconds and the motion carries.


  • Letter has been sent to Wendy Davis and the Poarch Creek Indians detailing the amount owed on Lot #5D.  No answer has been received at this time.


  • Bob Bremser presented a copy of the letter that was sent to Lot #5D from the PCI’s.


  • Bob Bremser donated a digital camera to the association.  Thank you Bob.


  • Dave Westenfelder presented receipts for the dock repairs in the amount of $269.70 and requested reimbursement.  Lisa Salasek motions to reimburse the funds.  Roger Marchman seconds and the motion carries.


  • On Tuesday February 12th Roger Marchman will be meeting with Seville Security to get estimates on gating the community.  Anyone available is welcome to join the meeting at 1pm at the Donovan entrance.


  • There is a meeting scheduled for June on the ponds.  The Wildlife association will need to know the area & depth of each pond to help determine what is needed.


  • There are four drainage easements that SLOA is paying taxes on that are still in Navonod’s name in care of SLOA.  Dave Westenfelder will look into what will need to be done to make the change into SLOA’s name.




  • The dock at the end of the boardwalk is in disrepair and is a liability.  Dave Westenfelder motions to remove the boards and leave the pilings for safety purposes.  If the association wants to start using the dock again, we will rebuild at that time.  Jim Craft seconds and the motion carries.


  • The new web site is being tested on a second web address and pending any issues should be up and running by the end of the week.  Lisa Salasek will send an e-mail out as soon as it is available.


  • Lisa Salasek presented a quarterly newsletter (SLOA Quarterly) which will cost approximately $60 + postage for each issue.  Jim Craft motions to spend the funds.  Roger Marchman seconds and the motion carries.


  • Jim Craft motions to put $50,000 of the SLOA funds into a one year CD @ 4% interest.  Dave Westenfelder suggests a money market account.  Research will be done to see which will be the best investment.


  • Roger Marchman presented plans for a new attached garage on Lot #1.  Although the plans appear to meet the covenants the drawings are not to scale.  Will request the one page to scale before final approval.


  • Lisa Salasek motions to adjourn the meeting.  Linda Westenfelder seconds and the motion carries.